Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 is an upcoming 3D computer-animated comedy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and directed by Rich Moore. It will serve as the sequel to Wreck-It Ralph and it will be the 57th animated feature in the Disney Animation Canon.
November 21, 2018.
Taking place six years after the events of the first film, the story will center on Ralph's adventures in the Internet data space when a WiFi router gets plugged into the arcade.
Expected Voice CastEdit
- John C. Reilly as Wreck-It Ralph
- Sarah Silverman as Vanellope von Schweetz
- Jack McBrayer as Fix-It Felix, Jr.
- Jane Lynch as Sergeant Calhoun
- Rich Moore as Sour Bill
- Phil Johnston as Surge Protector
- Alan Tudyk as TBA
- James Corden as TBA
- Jodi Benson as TBA
- Ana Ortiz as TBA
According to Rich Moore, the first film "barely scratched the surface" of the video game world he and the developers envisioned, and a sequel to Wreck-It Ralph is currently being discussed. Mario and Tron have also been confirmed to make cameos in the sequel.
The idea of a sequel holds interest for a lot of people involved with the original film, including the artists, technicians, and voice actors, but as it is still in its beginning stages, most details about the film are currently unknown. If the film is greenlit and confirmed, it will be Walt Disney Animation Studios first sequel to be theatrically released since The Rescuers Down Under.
- This will be the fifth sequel in the Disney Animated Features canon, after The Three Caballeros, The Rescuers Down Under, Fantasia 2000 and Winnie the Pooh.
- Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 will be the second Disney Animation Canon film to be released on November 21st, after Bolt.