Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 is an upcoming 3D computer-animated comedy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and directed by Rich Moore. It will serve as the sequel to Wreck-It Ralph and it will be the 57th animated feature in the Disney Animation Canon.
November 21, 2018.
Taking place six years after the events of the first film, the story starts with the arcade getting its own website, around the same time the Sugar Rush console breaks down and is in danger of being unplugged. To save Vanellope's home, she and Ralph venture into the Internet via the arcade's new wi-fi router in hopes of finding the part needed to fix the console.
Expected Voice CastEdit
- John C. Reilly as Wreck-It Ralph
- Jack McBrayer as Fix-It Felix, Jr.
- Sarah Silverman as Vanellope von Schweetz
- Jane Lynch as Sergeant Calhoun
- Taraji P. Henson as Yesss
- James Corden as TBA
- Alan Tudyk as TBA
- Rich Moore as Sour Bill
- Phil Johnston as Surge Protector
- TBA as Snow White
- TBA as Cinderella
- TBA as Princess Aurora
- Jodi Benson as Ariel
- Paige O'Hara as Belle
- Linda Larkin as Jasmine
- Irene Bedard as Pocahontas
- Ming-Na Wen as Fa Mulan
- Anika Noni Rose as Tiana
- Mandy Moore as Rapunzel
- Kelly Macdonald as Merida
- Kristen Bell as Princess Anna
- Idina Menzel as Elsa the Snow Queen
- Auli’i Cravalho as Moana Waialiki
- Ana Ortiz as TBA
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
According to Rich Moore, the first film "barely scratched the surface" of the video game world he and the developers envisioned, and a sequel to Wreck-It Ralph is currently being discussed. Mario and Tron have also been confirmed to make cameos in the sequel.
The idea of a sequel holds interest for a lot of people involved with the original film, including the artists, technicians, and voice actors, but as it is still in its beginning stages, most details about the film are currently unknown. If the film is greenlit and confirmed, it will be Walt Disney Animation Studios first sequel to be theatrically released since The Rescuers Down Under.
- This will be the fifth sequel in the Disney Animated Features canon, after The Three Caballeros, The Rescuers Down Under, Fantasia 2000 and Winnie the Pooh.
- Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 will be the second Disney Animation Canon film to be released on November 21st, after Bolt.